Frequently asked questions
University lecturers, doctors, biologists, statisticians, and any person working in biostatistical matters similar to those of any of the network nodes and fulfilling the requirements for membership.
- Networking within the biostatistical community. Update of courses and activities as well as employment offers and internships.
- Priority of access to the network activities.
- Active interaction with other members of your node for the creation of publications and new activities.
- Participation in the development of biostatistics in Spain.
Biostatnet is a nonprofit organisation, there are neither fees nor salaries for members.
After sending the application through the above form, the PIs of the current Nodes, according to scientific criteria, thematic proximity and complementarity or affinity with the members of the Node in particular and of the Network in general, will decide whether or not to incorporate the new members.
Once the incorporation has been favourably resolved, it will be included on the Network's website.
A new node must fulfill the following requirements:
- The leading researcher (IR) of the CANDIDATE node must have extensive research experience as well as teaching experience and/or professional collaborations, in the area of biostatistics.
- The IR must lead biostatistics research projects in areas of the National Mathematics Programme (MTM projects) preferably or FIS and europeans projects.
- The CANDIDATE node must consist of at least 10 members. There must be a percentage of around 60% of doctors in the node.
- The CANDIDATE node structure and background must be consistent with the objectives of the network.
The decision for the creation of new nodes will be taken by the current nodes IPs attending to scientific criteria, similarity in topics of research, affinity with the network nodes. The IR of the CANDIDATE node will be informed of this decision.
In the case of a positive answer, the incorporation of the new node to the network website will take place 10 days after the Commission meeting date.
Members of the new node must provide the network with the information required to be included in the website.