CALL FOR PAPERS: Computational Statistics and Data Analysis
Special Issue on ADVANCES IN SURVIVAL ANALYSIS
We are inviting submissions for a special issue of Computational Statistics and Data Analysis dealing with Advances in Survival Analysis.
Survival analysis deals with data representing the time to a well-defined event. The most modern contributions consider the possibility of combining flexible estimation methods and information on specific aspects of the process under investigation to develop efficient procedures. This means that the research may avoid any rigid assumption on the population structure, while making use of all the available information at the time of analysis. These data arise in engineering, economy, public health, biomedicine and other areas. This special issue focuses on modern and flexible statistical methods for analyzing event times in complex or non-standard settings.
Key research areas in Survival analysis are:
* Non- and semi-parametric curve estimation and inference from survival data.
* Assessment of diagnostic markers for survival.
* Clustered survival data and frailty models.
* Multi-state models and multivariate survival analysis.
* Interval-censoring and doubly censored or truncated data.
* Copula-based models under censoring/truncation.
* Goodness-of-fit tests for survival data.
* Regression models with censored and/or truncated response.
* Dimension reduction and variable selection in high-dimensional survival problems.
* Missing data in Survival Analysis.
The papers should have a computational or advanced data analytic component in order to be considered for publication. Authors who are uncertain about the suitability of their papers should contact the editors. All submissions must contain original unpublished work that is not being considered for publication elsewhere. Submissions will be refereed according to standard procedures for Computational Statistics & Data Analysis. Information about the journal can be found at http://www.journals.elsevier.com/computational-statistics-and-data-analysis/.
The deadline for submissions is 30 April 2014. However, papers can be submitted at any time and once they are received, they will enter the editorial system immediately.
Papers for the special issue should be submitted using the Elsevier Electronic Submission tool EES: http://ees.elsevier.com/csda. In the EES, please choose the special issue on Advances in Survival Analysis and the Co-Editor responsible for special issues.
The special issue editors:
Somnath Datta, University of Louisville, United States.
Maria del Carmen Pardo, Complutense University of Madrid, Spain.
Thomas Scheike, University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
Kam C. Yuen, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.